Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Amsterdam (Jan 12, 13, 14)
Made it to Amsterdam and as soon as we hit the street our hostel was on I could already tell that we were no longer in London. We got there the night of the 12th and our hostel was located in what seemed to be the heart of the city. It was called the Flying Pig and the entire first floor was basically a bar that played classic rock during the day and pumped techno music all night...literallly all night. The first day we woke up and headed to the Anne Frank House. We took a few wrong turns and got a little lost...understandable due to the fact that none of could read the street signs very well (our first experience in a country where english isn't the main language) but we made it. Touring the house was indiscribable. I have read the diary and being in the actual house...what can you say? It was one of the most amazing and impactful places I have ever been, and I think the rest of the group would agree. Touring the Van Gogh museum the next day was also an incredible experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment