Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Welcome

Hey Everyone! Welcome to the new blog! If you visited www.bobsvoyage.blogspot.com last spring, you'll probably recognize similarities between the two. I am hoping to update this blog with one entry from each country we visit. Last spring I tried to update for everyday in each country. I loved the "end" product, but was disappointed that I was only able to update the blog through Thailand. If you're still interested in my journeys throughout the final countries of my Semester at Sea experience, I might have time to post those final entries this second semester. However, I can't wait for this upcoming experience. For those of you who do not know already, DePauw is set up as a tri-mester. The month of January is called our Winter Term. This month, students at DePauw are able to do internships, independent study projects, school-sponsored study abroad trips, or independent study abroad trips. Three of my fraternity brothers and I will be traveling throughout Europe for 22 days. During this trip, I will be conducting a research project entitled "The European Travel Experience - By Rail". I will be experiencing and researching the European Train System during this voyage. Alex, Chris, Eric and I will be traveling throughout Western Europe via the rail system. Our flight for Dublin leaves today at 5 pm, and all of us are extremely pumped for this trip. As it is stated above, this blog will be updated with a summary of my experiences in each country. Enjoy the blog and stay tuned for updates! We will be in Dublin tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment